10/29/12

MOVIE REVIEW: The Amazing Spider-Man (PG-13)

So I just came back from seeing the Amazing Spider-Man movie, it definitely lived up to it’s name. It was much more realistic than the previous three movies, and had much better actors.

The acting was very well done, Andrew Garfield was great as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma Stone was perfect as Gwen Stacy. Although, Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors felt a little over the top, but it still was okay.

The writing was brilliant, it had me intrigued from beginning-to-end. It also had Spidey acting just like he is in the comics, even quipping while fighting. The writers took a page out the Dark Knight’s book, and made it so that the city didn’t automatically think Spidey was a hero, which helped make the movie a lot more realistic.

There were only two problems that I had with the movie, one was that the special effects for the Lizard didn’t look that great, and that the 3D was really not as good as I had hoped.

Also there’s a few scenes where go into first-person perspective (ala Mirror’s Edge), when I saw them in the trailer, I thought they would be really tacky. But now seeing them in the movie, it actually made the movie feel more realistic.

A lot of people have been saying that the Spider-Man costume looked awful, I actually thought it looked great and liked it more than the other costume. Also Andrew Garfield looked terrific in the costume, although that could be because I have a bit of a crush on him.

The final verdict? The movie was amazingly awesome, if you haven’t seen it yet, I definitely recommend seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment